Check out my Basic Tools list for things I use in all my mediums.
Papers / Supports
- Clairefontaine Pastelmat Card Pads I was unable to pick this up in-store, but I strongly recommend this over any other.
- UArt 400 or 500 Sanded Paper Really nice sanded paper! It can be used with wet mediums.
- Sennelier La Carte Pastel Card Pad – What I purchased instead. Caution with this type, unlike the Clairefontaine you can NOT get this wet at all!!
- Stabilo CarbOthello Pastel Pencils – Set of 60.
- Prismacolor NuPastels – Set of 96.
- Blick Pastels – Set of 48.
Drawing Tools, Erasers, Sharpeners
- Various small brushes for blending.
- Various sponges for blending.
- Colour Shaper – I have the Taper Point, but hope to get more.