These are products I own and use.
- Kneadable Eraser – for lifting graphite off the paper gently.
- Tombow Erasers – Ultra-fine 2.3mm round and Mono Zero 2.5mm x 5mm rectangular. These are used for “negative drawing” and fine detailing.
- General’s Factis Magic Black Eraser – Specifically designed for erasing graphite and charcoal it is also recommended to use on colored surfaces such as Canson Mi-Teintes, Strathmore Artagain & Toned papers and Stonehenge toned papers.
- General’s Factis White Vinyl Eraser – A good all purpose, dust free eraser.
- Staedtler Mars Plastic Block Eraser – LOVE this one!
- Faber-Castell Perfection Eraser Pencil – Learned about this one from Lisa of Lachri Fine Art. I purchased the one with the brush end. It is AMAZING!
- Derwent Battery Eraser – Another excellent tool for negative drawing! Especially nice for white whiskers.
- Dry Cleaning Pad – Used for removing graphite and smudges from your paper. It works beautifully.
Finding a good eraser can be key to getting your drawings the way you want them. Play around with various erasers and get a feel for what you like.